Who doesn't like indulging in a piece of good old-fashioned lolly cake? A crowd pleaser for young and old, we adapted a recipe we found on the Chelsea sugar site to make a special version of lolly cake using pineapple lumps.
The recipe is super simple, we probably put a smidge too much butter in our attempt. But taste remains 10/10!
Pineapple lumps lolly cake recipe
200g tin condensed milk
250g malt biscuits crushed
190g bag pineapple lumps roughly chopped
coconut, desiccated - for rolling the lolly cake in
- Melt the butter and condensed milk in a small pan over a low heat, don't boil it.
- Add the crushed biscuits and pineapple lumps to a large bowl. Pour butter and condensed milk mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- Separate mixture in two and mould into two logs.
- Roll with coconut and place in the fridge until set.
- Once set, slice into small pieces.